How XDMS Works
Storage requests may come from any of the following sources:
- Walk-in scanning from a network-connected multi-function peripheral (MFP) device.
- An incoming email or fax.
- Web upload or scanning via a web-based interface.
- Request from a desktop client interface stores documents via web services.
The XDMS engine then manages access to documents and delegates actions on stored documents using a workflow process. Processed documents are then stored with metadata either automatically or from user input.
The stored and processed documents may then be shared or distributed via the system in various forms:
- Printing Hardcopies.
- Outgoing Fax.
- Softcopies in either Original Format (Word, Excel, etc), PDF files or Secured PDF files.
- Emailed Attachments.